Friday, January 11, 2013

My daily make up routine

I am a minimalist when it comes to my daily makeup. While I own a whole array of products and try them out often, Monday to Friday makeup is done in 5 minutes or less.

Typically the products I use on a daily basis include:
Foundation - I always use my fingers because it is the fastest and the easiest. If I am in the mood to use a brush, I have been trying the Shiseido Perfect Refining brush.
Nars Sheer Glow or Shiseido Perfect Refining foundation is what I am using lately.



Blush - currently using VS beauty. I prefer pink over peach tone. Using the duo fibre brush, I sweep a light dust of this on my cheeks.

Eyebrow pencil - Shu Uemura
I always return to this pencil. It looks like a drawing pencil; the magic of it is that it works with the oil on you eyebrows but never too dark as some other eyebrow pencils I have tried. Because my hair is brown right now, I use the shade 6 (bought in Hongkong). Seal Grey (Shade 2) is another one I use - when my hair is darker.

Eye liner - I prefer pencil over liquid because it's fast. Current favourite is Dollywink and The Faceshop Make me Star in Bronze.

Mascara - curl with Shu Uemura culrer first. Using Heroine Make Volume and Curl (please refer to my eyelash post here)

Powder - to set and control the oil. Revlon Colorstay or Shiseido Aqualabel
Because I have an oily T-zone without powder I will look quite greasy in a couple of hours. Dust the powder lightly with a big fluffy brush all over.

Lipstain - Revlon Kissable Lip balm stain. Will be doing a review in these soon.

I almost never touch up my make up during the day. The only thing I do is use the Clean & Clear oil blotting film as my T zone can get oily by 11am and powder my nose in the mid afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment